Monday, March 11, 2013

Human Angels Everywhere [Inspiration]

Human Angels Everywhere [Inspiration] It seemed an unlikely place to find a treasure of a person. The vacant Charleston beach was cold & windy but called to me in my corporate attire of suit, high heels & pantyhose. I decided to venture out for a quick look between teaching & airport on that 1995 day & I was richly rewarded for my intuitive hunch. The odd looking woman with disheveled hair & clothes was walking up the beach with a large trash bag in hand. I smiled at her with the removed look of "I see you but don't get too close. I don't have time." Now that I think about it, I'm guessing I looked as odd to the homeless woman with curled up hoof-like feet as she did to me but she smiled back. She sat at a shelter house table & from the bag came long pieces of grapevine & nature things. She began her weaving. I watched from afar; pretending I was watching the lapping ocean waves. I wondered if she was without home & wanted to help. In my ego state, it seemed money was my one way to be of service. I approached her & saw the Dream Catchers she was creating & asked if I could buy one. She said "No, but if you sit & talk with me, I will show you how to make your own." So I let go of my attachment to time & sat. In truth, time always bends to allow. The picture above is one of my prized possessions; the Dream Catcher she helped me to make is a reminder of our tender conversation. She was one of many Human Angels that appeared on my path & I can still remember her crooked teeth; her glimmery eyes. She had a knowing to her that is seldom found even though all of us have it. That knowing is what we talked about at the Apprenticeship Program kick-off yesterday & that is what brought back my vivid memories of her. I don't remember her name; perhaps I never knew but I know her & I feel her aliveness today & am grateful for it. I invite you this week to meditate upon your teachers & those you have taught. Let the lessons come alive again as we work toward integration; implementation of our greatest teachings. Always a student; always a teacher, Dane

No comments: